scrap 'n' chat

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

Well, the tooth fairy forgot to come last night didn't she! Luckily, she popped in while DD6 was having breakfast (phew) so she was really happy to get $2.00.
The school had a dress up day today with a gold coin donation to raise money for Diabetes Australia and there were some excellent costumes. My 2 went as 'evil' fairies just to be a bit different. Not a bad effort since I didn't know until the night before that they were supposed to dress up.

Forgot it was school swimming for dd6 as well so had to go home and get her swim stuff. Don't know where my brain is atm.

The local shops got into the spirit of things and quite a few of them were offering lollies and treats to kids who came in dressed up. There was a mass exodus from the school gates at 3.30 straight down the street to the shops. The kids had a great time even if it got a bit crowded!

We only had 2 trick or treaters come round this year which is a bit of a shame as we had a big bowl of chupa chups and other lollies waiting but I bet they won't go to waste......!

Guess what I didn't do? Take a photo of the girls dressed up. Had my camera with me too - doh!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger fleurie said...

What? NO PHOTOS....oh bummer
I had the same thing with the trick or treaters...a bowl full of lollies...and only 2 TT's...oh well....lol!
WOuld love to catch up with you this month...just trying to work out where we all want to meet for our get together

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger simone said...

would love to Fleur. I think most sats are free but I've got the AED @ Rydges on the sat 12th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home