scrap 'n' chat

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Australian Automotive Dealers Awards

Well, that's a mouthful!
Stephen was invited to the awards night by his contact at Sureplan and I got to go along too. Can't say I get very excited at the prospect of sitting through awards to people that I don't know but this was at the Hyatt in Collins Street and was black tie so it was nice to get all dressed up for once.
I have to say the food was superb and I do love my food. Top marks to the hyatt for the menu (which I meant to grab but forgot) but from memory:

entree: thai chicken breast with glass noodles. What a superb combination of flavours.

main: either kingfish with noodles and bok choy or steak, mushrooms and potato gallette with a jus of (something I can't quite remember). Stephen and I ate half, then swapped plates so we got to try both dishes. Yum.

Desert: white chocolate and lime tart with a raspberry sorbet and lemon grass sauce. This was divine and oh so naughty:-) I have to say that the sauce tasted more of raspberry than lemon grass but boy was it good.

Drinks were plentiful too, plus coffee and tea with chocolates.

Joe Camilleri and the Black Sorrows played after dinner and they were fantastic, but a bit loud for me.

We left at about 10.30, basically as soon as we could get away with it - party animals NOT! If it had been at a weekend (or if we were 10 years younger!) we probably would have stayed but knowing that work beckoned the next day well....

Just a reminder its the Alison Ellis Design cyber crop on saturday night. There are already hints for the challenges up in the forum and ShabbyShane will be broadcasting on the night so it's going to be a fun night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home