scrap 'n' chat

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Scrappers' get together Sat 18th November


What a fantastic get together this month. We met at the coffee shop next to Scraptacular in Mentone although some of us arrived early to have a bit of a shop first!

This is a photo of some of people who came. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of everyone there - next time!
I had a bit of a shop - nothing too drastic. I bought 3 sheets of gorgeous Kaleidescope paper, Cherry Arte chipboard directions, Deluxe designs raw paisley chipboard and a sheet of Real Life xmas cardstock stickers. See - not too bad! Maybe I'll put some photos up tomorrow.

Friday night was chookscraps cybercrop. The challenges challenged me a bit too much. didn't help that I had a headache so I ended up not doing anything that night. However, I did get inspired by the sketch challenge and did a layout in record time for that. I've made it the second half of a double lo. The first page is the Omeo page I did for Crafting in Style's cc.
I've uses white Bazzil, urban lily pp and We R Memory Keepers alphas.




Alison Ellis had their cc on saturday night. Some very interesting challenges from Maynard. There are some wonderful xmas decorations hanging in their gallery now. Very inspiring.
This is the layout I did for their 'summer lovin'' challenge. I've use AED inspirations range and very merry cosmic blue pp. The 'B' is a Bumblebee craft stencil covered with the inspirations pp, then opalled with pipe dreamink's clear (franklin) opals. The rest of the title uses the AED mycut alphas. I just love those green and blues.


Today, we have replaced our old tiny desk that the computer sat on with a proper computer desk. It seems enormous in comparison but wow it makes a difference. Love it! Stephen has been painting today. I gave the kitchen window its first coat of gloss and spent most of the rest of the day sorting through boxes and tidying up. Fun stuff!

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger fleurie said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the Swim layout - stunning simone
and i just love the bubble effect you have created on the aed layout

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger simone said...

thanks Fleur. I was really happy with the swim lo too. I'm trying sooo hard to be a bit more 'free and easy' with my lo's. I'm having lots of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home