scrap 'n' chat

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Torquay 13th/14th January

We had a great weekend at Torquay thanks to Vicky who let us stay in her caravan. It felt so good to get away, even just for 1 night. The change in routine does us good I think. Note the copy of Scrapbook Creations I am reading kindly left for me by Vicky!

Both mornings were overcast but the sun came out in the afternoon and Stephen and Emma managed a good 2 to 3 hours boogie boarding each day. Even Melissa managed to catch a couple of shallow waves! As for me, I was quite happy sitting on the beach looking after our stuff and helping Melissa build a sandcastle.

I logged on to Crafting in Style for their cybercrop on friday but I didn't really expect to be able to upload anything since we weren't going to be home. One of their challenges was to use a black background but with lots of colour on the page and something cut out of pp. I started off ok with the black Bazzil but got sidetracked with my glittery letters and decided I didn't want lots of colours on the page.

I painted the chipboard swirls then stamped on them with my new flourish stamps (see below) using Stazon ink. Flourish stamps also used around the edge of the page using silver ink.


Emma got inspired though and completed this layout in record time. She came up with the really cool idea of making a house and having us peeping out of the windows. Clever girl.



We went to the beach on tuesday along with some friends. It was lovely there and the water was perfect. We all spent more time in the water than out of it coz the sand was so hot it burnt our feet. I think it reached about 40 degrees that day.


Look what I made for dinner today! It was soooo delicious that there's nothing left! I also made banana cake. Thank heavens bananas are reasonably priced again I really missed them! It's not often I feel like baking but today was one of those days.

Hope you're all scrapping up a storm!

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger fleurie said...

oh wow...looks like you had a great weekend

Both layouts look fantastic...well done..oh and the house idea is great...

mmmmmmm that quiche looks delicous *g*

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Great Layout Simone, and emma you have done a fantastic job, excellent work, your a very talented scrapper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home