scrap 'n' chat

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Published At Last!

At last! After sending off my layout back in August, it has finally been published! this is the page (p53) in SM vol 8 no. 8 and it is a full page too! It is also on p56 with details of what I used.
Also congratulations to:

Vicky for her poppet layout 'cool baby' p54 (incorrectly credited to someone else unfortunately),

Lindsay for her poppet layout 'city girl' on p54;

Charmane for her 2 poppet layouts on p55 'poppet me' and p57 'I wish I was a hippy' and her 'Life is a balancing act' on p65;

Fleur with her lo 'Grandpa' p96.

I hope I haven't missed any one:-)

Also more exciting news - my prize pack from the Chatterbox Make It Meaningful Competition run last year finally arrived and I love what they have sent me:
There's a memory building kit 'chateaux', a doodle genie, 8 more 12x12 papers, 2 sets of sticker packs, 2 sets of chipboard alphas and a gorgeous mini album kit 'guest room'. Love all the colours and the selection of different things so thanks to Brett and Luisa at Addicted To Craft for sending this out:-)


A few scrapping things I did last weekend for cc's at Crafting In style and Little Scrap Book Shop. Lots of fun.

The 'mum' card was based on a sketch . I have used sei pp, autumn leaves flourishes stamp (that goes on just about everything I do lately), mm gameboard alphas and some vellum.
This was for LSBS and was a technique challenge. PP is sassafras lass. All I need to do now is decide what photos to put in it.
This layout had to use the word 'adore' and at least 3 hearts. I used a frame from the wonderful fancy pants big chipboard pack - I love it. I used Matisse Ink to colour it then stamped it with my favourite flourishes (of course). The wore 'adore' and the arrow were also from that pack and I did the same with them. The pp is Alison Ellis, the gorgeous red from the impressions range.
Another sketch challenge but also had to use 3 different pp's. I used Delish Designs, Urban Lily, and scrapbook.com. Also a selection of chipboard letters which I covered in kindyglitz (an idea I stole from Vicky - thanks Vicky!), MM cheeky jigsaw shapes, a K and Co puzzle piece, vellum and eyelets. Oh and I wrote the wrong date at the bottom - it should be 2005! I did change it on my layout but haven't taken a new photo.

This has turned out to be a long post, thankyou if you got to the end!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Simone

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger fleurie said...

WOW...Simone...so glad you got your goodies FINALLY...they all look scrumptious..

Love all your latest creations..well done..

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

such a long post
Lovin that little mini book.
and your prize pack looks like it will keep you going for a while!!
hehehe
Hope the copm gets better soon! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home