scrap 'n' chat

Monday, March 12, 2007

It's the long weekend here.


I haven't done much scrapping wise lately but Fleur had a challenge on her blog to email her a birthday card as her blog was one year old. This is the card I made. I got the idea from a party invitation that Emma received recently. I use some Fancy Pants pp, HS gerbera, K& Co jigsaw piece and even some old CM stickers! The tag just slips inside the card and you pull it out with the ribbon. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.





I caught Emma and Melissa by surprise when they were playing on the computer here!







I did this layout for round 3 of Bon's Big Challenge. The criteria were:

* pink, black and silver,

* quote from a song,

* 2 to 4 photos

* round (open to interpretation).


I stuggled a bit with this but I like the effect of all the pink circles. I've mostly used Alison Ellis pp here.

This is a quick card I made for the Alison Ellis cyber crop last night. Criteria was flowers, paint and ribbon. I used one of their invitations as the background of the card, stamped the sunflowers with stazon ink and painted them with twinkling H2O's. Unfortunately it looks a bit washed out in the photo.
Emma is madly packing for school camp. She leaves tomorrow and comes back on friday so she is very excited. Stephen is also packing as he is going down on tomorrow afternoon just for the one night. It's great how the parents get the opportunity to join in things like this, not that you'd catch me going - I enjoy the peace at home too much!
We went down to the Bright 'n' Sandy festival this morning but it was a bit disappointing. We watched a cooking demo with Alan Campion and his daughter Mia which was good then wandered around the stalls. I thought there would be taste-testing but there wasn't, only plates of food and glasses of wine for sale. There weren't many stalls either so we actually didn't stay for very long. At least we got out of the house today!
Thanks for reading and have a fun week!






2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been very busy. I love the layout, those circles look gorgeous. Cute happy snap of the girls on the computer too :O)
Have a lovely week,
Melx

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Oh I've seen these IRL!
I really like the card Simone, and the girls do look suprised, dont they! LOLOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home